3 April 2020
As you will have seen in ALIA Weekly and on our social media channels, we have launched two new initiatives this week, the ALIA Relief Fund for Members experiencing financial hardship and ALIA Connects, to help our Members keep their existing networks strong and make new contacts during this lockdown period.
At last Friday’s Board meeting, we signed off on a COVID-19 strategy for ALIA to show leadership by:
- Clearly defining ALIA’s role
- Identifying the issues facing our Members and other stakeholders and shaping practical responses
- Providing information about what is happening in the sector now
- Providing opportunities for people to connect with others and be usefully engaged while not in the workplace
- Advocating for the highly valuable and transferable skills of our Members
- Helping people think about the longer term
- Communicating regularly
The latest initiatives are very much in line with this strategy and you can see what else is new on our COVID-19 web page, which is updated daily.
If you have any ideas for other ways we can support our Members, please don’t hesitate to contact us via ALIABoard@alia.org.au.
Robert Knight, President, and Viv Barton, Vice-President
On behalf of the ALIA Board