Council's general staff work under the Local Government (State) Award and enjoy:
- A 9 day fortnight
- flexible working arrangements to assist employees to combine work and family responsibilities
- the opportunity to accrue time in lieu
- support for study at TAFE and University level
- the opportunity to 'purchase' leave
- access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
- Special Leave for RFS and SES volunteers
- Defence Leave for members of the ADF Reserves
To view the position description download here.
This is a permanent full time position within Council’s Library Services Unit. The salary range for the position is $51,516 - $61,434 plus superannuation.
The position will be based initially in Grafton but this may change should business needs identify other work locations to be more appropriate to deliver our services in the future.
In the position of Library Support Officer (Mobile Library & Digital Engagement) you will be required to coordinate the provision of a Mobile Library service for the Clarence Valley, ensure the efficient and effective provision of digital technology, reference and reader advisory services to the users of the Mobile Library and Clarence Valley Libraries as part of the Clarence Regional Library network and encourage and support volunteers to become library champions who will engage with their local community to assist in the provision of library technology services.
For further information please contact Katrina Shillam, Team Leader (Grafton Library) on 6641 0101.
A probation period applies to this position.
In accordance with the requirements for ‘Working with Children’ anyone starting a new, paid job in child-related work must apply for the Working with Children Check (WWCC). This is a requirement for this position and it is the responsibility of the successful applicant to have undertaken the WWCC and the ‘Clearance to Work with Children’ provided to Council prior to commencement. For further information on how to apply please refer to https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/
Closing date: Monday 19 November 2018 at 4:00 PM (NSW time) daylight saving time.
How to apply:
- All applicants must be lodged online via Council’s website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Applications received via Seek’s ‘Apply for this job’ function will not be considered.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licence must be combined into one documents before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply relevant certificates and licences.
Council is an EEO employer and indigenous people are encouraged to apply.
Clarence Valley Council
$51,516 - $61,434
Katrina Shillam, Team Leader (Grafton Library) on 6641 0101.
Monday 19 November 2018