Ex Libris is seeking a Presales Consultant (Library Systems), Asia Pacific to be based in Melbourne, Australia. This is a full-time position and reports to the Solution Architect Director, Asia Pacific.
Who is Ex Libris?
Ex Libris (a ProQuest Company) is the leading global provider of automation solutions for academic and research libraries. Offering the only comprehensive product suite for electronic, digital, and print materials, Ex Libris provides efficient, user-friendly products that serve the needs of libraries today and will facilitate their transition into the future. Ex Libris maintains an impressive customer base consisting of thousands of sites in more than 90 countries on six continents, including 10 of the top 10 universities around the world. With headquarters in Jerusalem, we have 12 locations globally.
The Presales Consultant (Library Systems) collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to provide technical library solutions expertise for Ex Libris sales force (Sales Managers, Sales Directors, Distributers and VP Sales). The collaboration is mainly by supporting RFPs/Tendering processes, product demos and product/solution questions raised by prospects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends meetings with potential clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensures that all necessary information is collated prior to determining the required solution.
- Provides consultation to Account Managers and prospective customers, via telephone, email or webinar.
- Provides effective product and technology demonstrations to audiences of varied technical knowledge.
- Provides technical solutions in a professional manner and ensures solutions fit within the customers’ requirements.
- Interfaces with the Professional Services team, articulating customer requirements, to ensure a smooth transition from Sale to Delivery.
- Attends customer user group meetings, sales meetings, and occasional industry conferences.
- Supporting and managing the RFP process by directing input from, and manage communication across the corporate matrix from pre-RFP activities through submission, serving as the main point of contact for all proposal activities and communications.
- Executes against bid response plans, including writing, editing and graphic design consistent with brand guidelines and style guides; document management, compiling response packages, fulfillment and response delivery.
- Demonstrates customer focus by customizing bid responses to the stated needs and aspirations of the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree in Library Science/ Library qualifications are strongly preferred.
- Background in library workflows/standards would be advantageous.
- 3-5 years’ experience working with a library integrated system or a library service platform.
- Presentation experience, with strong skillset in planning and leading online and in-person presentations.
- Knowledge of current and evolving library practices and trends.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Comfortable managing frequent change at many levels; e.g. adapting processes to suit unique circumstances, fluid roles and responsibilities within the team, continually evolving products and services.
- Capacity to learn and master new technologies and tools
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required by external deadlines and workloads.
- Ability to work independently and on a team and to maintain focus and humor under significant pressure.
Other important information about this position:
- This role may require 10% - 50% travel based on the market needs
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. Ex Libris seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
We regret that only successful applicants will be contacted.
Job: Presales Consultant (Library Systems)
Company: Ex Libris (Australia) Pty Ltd
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Work type: Full-time
Application closing date: 23rd Nov 2018