$82k - $88k pa gross (plus benefits)
Location: Bli Bli
Vacancy No: 496100
Applications close: Monday 26 November 2018
Why work with us?
There is no better place to live and work than on the Sunshine Coast, especially with an outstanding organisation like Sunshine Coast Council.
With the vision to be Australia’s most sustainable region - Healthy, Smart, and Creative, Council is at the forefront of delivering a number of game-changer projects that will see the region become a hub for innovation, entrepreneurship and creativity, along with opportunities and a lifestyle for all to enjoy.
About the Role
Our Libraries teams across the Coast are focused on enriching the lives of residents and visitors by providing lifelong learning opportunities through the arts, cultural and heritage experiences, events, programs and facilities.
In this role you will:
- Draw on your experience and knowledge to develop innovative customer focused collection services.
- Liaise regularly with vendors, and other internal and external stakeholders to deliver great offerings within libraries.
- Coordinate the acquisition, evaluation and management of library resources.
- Prepare annual Collection Development budgets.
- Contribute to a positive working culture by providing supervision, support and guidance to other employees.
You will possess a genuine passion for library services and understand their role in communities. Your experience working within this space will see you knowledgeable in library functions, particularly as it relates to collection management.
You will have a strategic, creative and analytical mindset with the ability to lead a team and manage change.
As a requirement of this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Librarianship, Community Development, Management, or other related discipline.
- Substantial experience managing library collections in a multi branch organisation.
- A Class C Drivers Licence.
Our Culture & Employee Benefits
Council is committed to creating an inclusive, culturally diverse, healthy, skilled and committed workplace culture. As an employee you will enjoy a range of benefits which include but are not limited to:
- 9-day fortnight - to support your enjoyment of the lifestyle benefits Sunshine Coast has to offer.
- Salary Packaging
- Development opportunities through corporate learning and development programs
How to apply
For full details regarding this position and what to include in your application, refer to the Position Profile. Alternatively, click Apply for this job and follow prompts to complete your application.
Helpful information to assist you in completing your application is available on the Sunshine Coast Council website.
To learn more about Council’s vision and projects, you can view the Corporate Plan 2018-2022.
For specific enquiries contact Esther Buys during business hours on (07) 5475 8919.
Through its Reconciliation Action Plan, Sunshine Coast Council supports social and economic opportunities for the local, Indigenous Australian community and as such, strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.