About the Role
We are seeking an energetic, resourceful and results-oriented person with a passion for delivering high quality services in a public library environment.
The position is responsible for a small team that provides a range of services, including: circulation, information and readers’ advisory, collection development, events, programs, and technology, to the community of Wellington.
To be successful in this position you will have outstanding customer service skills, well developed communication skills, and a strong focus on community engagement.
Key areas of accountability for this position include:
- Commitment to excellence in quality customer service
- Delivery of high quality reference and readers’ advisory services that increase reading, knowledge, educational and digital literacy outcomes
- Development and delivery of innovative library programs, events and activities that targeted specific groups; e.g., children & youth, seniors, schools, special interests
- Community engagement and promotion of library services
- Supervise all aspects of the branch library’s operations.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Degree in Library and Information Science recognised by the Australian & Information (ALIA) or equivalent qualification in a related discipline, with the skill and experience to meet the essential criteria.
- Ability to effectively deliver services and programs to a local community with a focus on excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of reference, information and readers’ advisory services, preferably, in a public library environment.
- Ability to deliver library services and programs that include e-resources, digital literacy, and social media platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in computing and keyboard skills.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated time management, organisational and problem solving skills.
- Experience in the Spydus Library Management System
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
A reasonable level of fitness is required for the role of Branch Librarian. Please see the attached Job Demands.
A Working With Children Check is required for this position.
Salary: $73,121- $84,977 per annum plus superannuation
Closing Date: 5:00pm on Friday 23 November 2018.
Enquiries: Acting Dubbo Libraries Coordinator - 6801 4510
How to Apply:
Macquarie Regional Library
$73,121- $84,977 per annum plus superannuation
Acting Dubbo Libraries Coordinator - 6801 4510
Friday 23 November 2018