Join Our World-Class Library Service
The Geelong Regional Library Corporation (GRLC) is one of Victoria’s largest library networks, covering some 5,500 square kilometres, providing library and heritage services to people living in urban, rural and coastal areas. The current service includes a central library, the Geelong Library & Heritage Centre, 16 community libraries, two mobile libraries and a Home Library Service. With a commitment to ongoing professional development and a dynamic workplace, GRLC provides opportunities for a highly satisfying and fulfilling career.
Band 3, $53,818 - $59,644 pro rata plus superannuation
- 3 x Permanent Part-time, Belmont Library
- 1 x Permanent Part-time, Leopold Library
- 1 x Part-time 12 month Maternity Leave Replacement, Bannockburn Library
Provide exemplary customer service to library users at the Bannockburn, Belmont or Leopold Library. An interest in delivering children’s and youth programs is essential for two of the positions based at Belmont Library and the Bannockburn Library position.
Relief Library Officers
Casual, Band 3A, $36.96 per hour plus superannuation
Join our casual pool supporting high quality customer service to library users throughout our region. Applicants with high levels of work availability including evenings and weekends are required.
Ideal Library Officers and Relief Library Officers will possess:
- A demonstrated understanding of the role of the modern customer focused public library
- Demonstrated skills and ability to provide outstanding customer service to a diverse community
- An ability to recommend suitable collection choices and instruct in the use of library technologies
- The ability to assist in the delivery of activities for all community members
A relevant tertiary qualification is desirable.
Applications should be made via our website www.grlc.vic.gov.au where a Position Description is available and the application process is detailed. Applications must include a cover letter, current resume and statement addressing the key selection criteria. Please note, applications which do not address the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description cannot be considered.
The GRLC is a child safe and child friendly organisation committed to ensuring that all children who visit our libraries have the right to feel and be safe. The GRLC is committed to an inclusive workplace. If you require assistance to submit your application, please contact us on 03 4201 0512 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.