Innovative Interfaces creates cutting-edge products that allow libraries to succeed in a modern technology environment and the freedom to implement solutions that best meet their specific needs. The company is headquartered in Emeryville California with offices around the world.
Local customers include Gold Coast City Libraries and the University of Melbourne.
Office Location: Melbourne CBD (Collins Street)
Small and highly collaborative team of librarians and support engineers.
- Provides extensive telephone and email support for customers using Innovative software on large multi-user UNIX systems.
- Uses UNIX, SQL, and proprietary utilities to analyze, troubleshoot, document, and resolve application issues reported by customers.
- Works with customers with varying levels of technical expertise to effectively pursue and resolve issues in an expedient manner.
- Utilizes chat group and other communication methods to isolate answers to complex troubleshooting problems.
- Develops strong working relationships across Support and other departments at Innovative.
- Contributes to the support knowledge base / procedures as necessary.
- Master’s degree in library science or any other relevant degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in or with libraries
Critical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Fluent written and spoken Mandarin language skills strongly preferred.
- Superior attention to detail and commitment to following customer issues to resolution.
- Proven track record of excellent support skills and contributions to team-building efforts.
- Proven ability in learning new technology independently and adapting quickly to changing technologies.
- Proven ability in balancing multiple priorities and working effectively under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
Applicants should apply through our careers page https://www.iii.com/about/careers/