- Deliver services to support students, academic, research and professional staff
- 29.5 hours per week, (Saturday-Wednesday including some evenings) working 18 weeks per semester
- Fractional Fixed Term Contract for 12 months located at our Brisbane Campus (McAuley at Banyo)
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Australian Catholic University Library has a major presence on six of the University’s campuses and serves a range of client groups with varying information and access requirements including students, staff, reciprocal borrowers and community borrowers.
The Library’s mission is to enable and enrich the teaching, learning and research endeavours of the University by delivering flexible access to extensive and relevant information resources and by providing quality services and facilities.
About the Role
As the Information Services Librarian you will contribute to the delivery of a range of technology-based and face-to-face services to students, academic, research and professional staff. More specifically you will:
- deliver an efficient, responsive and reliable service at Library service points, physical and virtual, including providing a high-quality reference service and appropriate direction, advice and information regarding library materials,
- contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of library resources and services that support learning, teaching and research at ACU.
- act as Officer in Charge when rostered in the evenings and weekends.
Skills & Experience
You will need to have:
- eligibility for Associate or Library Technician Membership of ALIA. A degree in Library or Information Science will be well regarded.
- good communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain cooperative and productive working relationships with team members
- the ability to work independently to agreed standards and protocols with minimal supervision
- knowledge of information sources in relevant discipline areas with experience in the use of an Integrated Library Management Systems and discovery layers.
- The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
- ACU’s core values support inclusiveness, respect and the dignity of all persons in line with the University’s Mission. The University has received the Employer of Choice for Gender Equality Citation since 2012 and offers staff entitlements and initiatives that support women and men to reach their potential.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $76,570 - $82,974 (pro rata) pa, including salary component $ 69,081 - $74,858 (pro rata) pa (HEW Level 5), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Kelly Dann, Senior Library Coordinator, LARS on 07 3623 7122
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Applications Close: 11:55PM AEST Sunday, 30 June 2019