LIBRARIES DIRECTORATE / CLIENT SERVICES, STRATHFIELD
- Contribute to the delivery of timely and effective library services for ACU students and staff
- Continuing full-time appointment at our campus in Strathfield
- Shift work or weekend work may be require to support the Library operating hours.
About Australian Catholic University (ACU):
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
ACU Library's mission is to enable and enrich the teaching, learning and research endeavours of the University by delivering flexible access to extensive and relevant information resources and by providing quality services and facilities.
About the Position:
As the Library Assistant, you will work as part of the Library Collection Services Team to ensure the provision of timely and effective services to students and staff. The Library staff operate on the service principle of “One Library, many locations” so staff at any of the campus libraries support the library staff in the other campuses in delivering an agreed range of services.
Duties will include:
- staffing the Library’s service desk and at times administering fines
- assist in the maintenance of the campus Library’s various collections
- supporting inter-campus and inter-library loans by retrieving items and processing in the Library’s management system
- scanning and digitising items within copyright constraints
- shelving, shelf tidying, collection maintenance and assisting with stock takes.
Skills and Experience:
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- completion of the Higher School Certificate or equivalent experience
- ability to accurately enter data and to follow and interpret policies, procedures and standards with support from supervisor
- high level interpersonal and customer service skills and the initiative to adapt to changed workflows in a team environment
- time and task management skills and the ability to work as a member of a team to achieve common goals.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
ACU's core values support inclusiveness, respect and the dignity of all persons in line with the University’s Mission. The University has received the Employer of Choice for Gender Equality Citation since 2012 and offers staff entitlements and initiatives that support women and men to reach their full potential.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description from HR. Library Assistant 1.0 PD.docx Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply
Total remuneration valued to $66,262 - $71,174 pa , including salary component $55,992 - $60,143 pa (HEW Level 3), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Marianne Chauvet, Library Manager, Client Services on 02 97014154
Applications Close: 24th of July 2019 11:55pm
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged