Team Leader Library Services
Salary: $1,646.80 - $1,887.10pw + super
This exciting position will lead and support one of our library teams to deliver a quality library service to our community. Camden Library services are rapidly growing, giving you the opportunity to work from multiple sites.
Work in state of the art facilities, in a programs-based environment that includes alternateive lending collections and opportunities to think creatively to reach our growing community.
WIth 50% of our population library members this is an exciting opportunity for a passionate customer focused, library leader to join our professional and friendly library team.
Be a part of shaping new places and building new communities.
What we Offer
We are committed to offering and supporting development and employment opportunities to help people excel and build a lasting career. We offer generous learning and development opportunities as well as flexitime, access to employee benefits and education assistance.
We promote diversity in the workplace and have a culture that is inclusice, respectful and embraces the unique skills and qualities of all people.
As a community continues to grow, this opportunity will allow you to grow with it!
- University level qualifications in Library and Information Science or equivalent and/or proven experience in library work and a strong knowledge of public library practices including systems and information technology.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate and supervise staff
- Strong capacity for strategic thinking and commitment to continued improvement
- Ability to effectively organise workloads and co-ordinate resources and plan activities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated skills in collection management and grant writing experience
- Sound knowledge of library policies, practices and relevant legislation with the ability to ensure legislative and regulatory requirements are met
- Demonstrated knowledge of current trends in libraries
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment including new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to apply EEO and WH&S and ethical practice principles
- Eligible for professional membership of ALIA
- Time management skills
- Self-directed work practices
- Knowledge of current educational trends
Please ensure when addressing the criteria you relate your skills and experience to the position description
Further Information: Bernadette Fleet, Manager Library Services on 4645 5053
Closing Date: 26 August 2019
How to Apply: For the above position visit our website www.camden.nsw.gov.au for a Job Description and full details