Health Libraries Australia (HLA) is the national professional organisation representing librarians and information professionals working in all health sectors including: hospitals and other clinical facilities, research institutes, regulatory agencies, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, government departments, regional health services, professional colleges, universities, cooperative research centres, not-for-profit and community organisations, and parts of public library services. The vision of Health Libraries Australia is that all Australians benefit from health library and information professionals’ expertise that is integral to evidence based health care.
National Manager: Ann Ritchie AALIA (CP) Health (VIC), Convenor: Gemma Siemensma (VIC), Treasurer: Sharon Karasmanis (VIC), Treasurer, Secretary: Tina Lavelle (QLD)
Committee: Diana Blackwood (WA), Jeanette Bunting (WA), Dr Kathleen Gray (VIC), Kieran Hegarty (VIC), Taryn Hunt (WA), Jane Orbell-Smith AFALIA (QLD), Rob Penfold (VIC), Rolf Schafer (NSW), Angela Smith (NSW), and, Catherine Voutier (VIC).
In support of our vision, and in line with ALIA's policy direction and priorities, HLA undertakes strategic initiatives in five key areas (portfolios): Professional development, education and training; Advocacy, Research, Marketing and Awards; Partnerships and collaborations; Publishing and communication; Membership.
NSQHS Standards – live literature searches
These PubMed live searches provide updated results for 11 topics aligned to the Australian National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards. They have been developed, tested and endorsed as part of the HeLiNS (Health Libraries for the National Standards) Research Project, a joint initiative of HLA and HLI (Health Libraries Inc).
- Register for the HLA's Advanced Searching Techniques with Julie Glanville. Sydney - 14 November, Brisbane - 18 November, Melbourne - 28 November.
- Updated HLA Competencies are now available
- Register for the HLA PD Days 18-19 July 2019 in Melbourne
- Digital Health Information Services course (updates Health Librarianship Essentials) will be run again in semester 2, 2019. Applications Now Open: http://go.unimelb.edu.au/56y6 Apply before 19 June; places are limited. Direct any queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To find our list of contacts in our executive committee click here.
- L-R: Diana Blackwood, Angela Smith, Taryn Hunt, Rolf Schafer, Gemma Siemensma, Kieran Hegarty, Bronia Renison, Catherine Voutier, Rob Penfold
ALIA Health Libraries Advisory Committee
The Health Libraries Advisory Committee brings the work of ALIA Health Libraries Australia Group to the fore at Board level. The members of the committee advise the ALIA Directors about topics of interest and concern to health libraries and nurture relationships with allied associations in Australia and internationally.
Chair: Gemma Siemensma (email@example.com)