Associate or Library Technician
Allied Field Membership is open to people who are working at a professional level within the GLAM (galleries, libraries, archives and museum) sector and hold a qualification other than an ALIA Accredited LIS qualification.
To be eligible we require:
- evidence that you are working at a professional level within the GLAM (galleries, libraries, archives and museum) sector
- evidence of a qualification at Diploma level or above
- a reference from your employer.
Please note that ALIA Allied Field membership does not fulfil the requirements of job advertisements requiring eligibility for Associate or Library Technician membership of ALIA.
- Have you completed a Library and Information Science (LIS) qualification NOT accredited by ALIA?
- Have you completed a qualification that includes a substantial component of LIS studies and have evidence of professional competence?
- Are you a current ALIA personal member?
If you answered YES to all these questions, then you may apply for an assessment. This involves a review of your qualifications, knowledge of LIS, relevant employment history and professional development logbook and you will receive a certificate if successful.
Download application form
Overseas qualifications - professional recognition
Find out more