Weekly Hours: 35
Weekly Salary: $1,435.41 - $1,564.60
About Orange City Council
Situated in the Central West of NSW, only 3 ½ hours west of Sydney, Orange is a vibrant and diverse place to live, offering all the benefits of a busy city life in the calm of a regional location. With award winning restaurants and wineries and a vibrant and ever expanding arts, cultural and music scene you can have the best of both worlds, all within a short drive from your front door.
Orange City Council is committed to making a positive contribution to both our region and our local community. With around 500 employees, we take pride in being both for and part of the Orange community. Our aim - to make Orange a better place to live today and tomorrow.
About Central West Libraries
Central West Libraries is a regional library services located across the Central Tablelands and Western Slopes of NSW. Established in 1958 the Library encompasses the Local Government areas of Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Forbes, and Orange. The Libraries support and administrative units are located in the Orange City Library building. The Library service covers an area of 15,348 square km and serves a population of 86,113.
About the role
Reporting to the Librarian – Technical Services and based at the Orange City Library, this position provides services for the broader Central West Libraries team. This includes:
- Managing the operations of the Library Management System, RFID systems and other technologies relevant to Central West Libraries
- Participating in the collection management process and coordinating and promoting digital and online resources for Central West Libraries
- Providing training and Help Desk assistance to library staff and members to optimise use of the Library Management System, RFID systems and digital resources
- Providing high quality, customer focussed readers’ services including circulation duties, reference enquiries and participation in the delivery of programs and events
- Supervision of staff and volunteers as required
A full list of job responsibilities can be found in the position description.
So what do you need?
- Qualifications as a Librarian recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) or equivalent
- Well-developed digital literacy skills in the use of a variety of technology
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering programs, services and events
- Demonstrated awareness of current library trends and an ongoing commitment to professional development
- Satisfactory Working with Children Check (or ability to obtain before starting)
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (or ability to obtain before starting)
To apply, please click Apply on the job listing page. A cover letter is not required, however, there are screening questions that must be answered to apply for the position. You can also save and return to your job application at any time prior to the closing date.
If you have any queries relating to this role, please contact Manager Central West Libraries, Roslyn Cousins, on (02) 6393 8126.
View the full Position Description by clicking HERE
Applications close 11pm Sunday 20 June 2021
Please note: Where additional candidates are found suitable from this round of recruitment a talent list or pool may be created for filling any similar permanent or temporary roles that may become vacant over the next twelve months.