Library Customer Service Officer
Part Time Permanent Position
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Sundays: Total 20.67 hours per week
Salary Range $59,920 - $63,271 per annum pro rata + 9.5% Super
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs. Our community is vibrant and diverse and one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state of the art, excellent amenity, health and wellbeing and to support our community to be a lifelong learning city. We invest in innovation and our people’s professional and personal development. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and a collaborative and inclusive culture. You’ll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne’s fastest growing municipalities.
Melton City Council acknowledges the fundamental role that Libraries and Arts play in the making of vibrant, culturally rich communities. Reporting to the Team Leader Library Hub and Customer Service in the Libraries and Arts service unit. The role of the Library Customer Service Officer is key to delivering priority areas for Melton City Libraries as envisioned in Creative Melton 2030. These include:
• Ensuring customers have a positive experience in our Library and Learning Hubs by delivering high quality customer service.
• Supporting the learning outcomes of residents by assisting in the use of resources, technology and online platforms, and delivering literacy and learning programs.
The Library Customer Service Officer will:
• Deliver high quality customer service across the library service to ensure customers have a positive experience.
• Create a welcoming experience by engaging with customers throughout the library.
• Proactively assist customers to maximise the use of resources and technology.
• Undertake routine library tasks.
• Assist with the maintenance of the library collection
• Deliver the day to day bookings, hire and operation of meeting rooms and tenant space.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
• Beyond secondary education or equivalent, with some experience in a customer service or community focused environment.
• Demonstrated customer service skills with the ability to relate to a diverse range of people.
• Well-developed information technology skills with the ability to provide assistance in the use of computers, photocopiers, wireless internet access and mobile devices.
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• Effective time management and organisational skills.
• Deliver literacy and learning programs for children and adults, and basic training in the use of library equipment and technology.
• Availability and flexibility to work rostered shifts as required across weekdays, weekends and evenings.
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: “a thriving community where everyone belongs” and that means there’s a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we’d love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant Melton. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity-staff-benefits.applynow.net.au/
How to apply
For further information about the position, please contact Hayley Martin, Team Leader Library Hub and Customer Service on 9747 5224
To view position description and apply visit: https://meltoncity.applynow.net.au/
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 25 June 2021
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
At Melton City Council we care for our people, we’re committed to the professional growth of our employees and support balance and flexibility. If you want to work with talented, passionate people and build a thriving and vibrant community, we encourage you to apply. We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Melton City Council
$59,920 - $63,271 per annum pro rata + 9.5% Super
Hayley Martin, Team Leader Library Hub and Customer Service, 9747 5224
Friday 25 June 2021