Queensland University Libraries Office of Cooperation (QULOC) is a collaborative organisation of university libraries in and around Queensland, Australia. At the centre of QULOC is the University Librarians' Committee, setting priorities for the organization and initiating programs. QULOC's activities are guided by a terms of reference and a strategic plan. These directions are implemented by a series of working parties and practitioner groups, consisting of members from each institution.Working party convenors and their terms of reference are decided by the University Librarians' Committee. Working parties meet regularly to discuss topics of interest, collaborate on initiatives, and organise activities to support the professional development of library staff.
QULOC exists to:
- Develop the capability of member libraries and their staff
- Collaborate across member libraries to deliver strategic, cost effective, value added library services
- Partner with external agencies to enhance research, scholarship and innovation
To achieve the purpose, we value:
- Learning, development and innovation
- Collegiality, networking and knowledge sharing
- The richness of our diversity
Terms of Reference
- To provide effective collaboration and communication amongst QULOC members.
- To cooperate on staff development and share information on staffing issues.
- To provide a regional focus for the implementation of cooperative activities, complementing the work done at a national level by other groups.
- To identify potential cooperative research projects to increase the effectiveness of library services in QULOC libraries.
- To promote the common interests of QULOC members through advocacy where appropriate.