The theme for Library Lovers' Day 2021 is 'Make a date with your library'. Library Lovers' Day is an opportunity for library and information professionals to show off their libraries and for people across Australia to show their love for libraries.
Ideas for your communication channels
- Encourage your patrons to spread the #LibraryLoversDay by having a competition for the best social media post using #LibraryLoversDay.
- Change your library’s Facebook or Twitter avatar and/or banner to the avatars and banners available in the resources section below.
- If you're library has a newsletter, consider adding in a story about Library Lovers’ Day using the free resources below and advertise how your library is celebrating.
Ideas for your library (the below ideas can be celebrated in-person or as online events)
- Check out all the free resources that you can use to celebrate Library Lovers’ Day further down on this page.
- Host a book themed murder mystery night and see if your users can ‘uncover’ who the criminal is.
- Create a display where users can guess where a romantic or love themed quote comes from, give out chocolate as prizes.
- Host a romance themed trivia night and see how well your users remember romance books and films.
- You know who your local talent is, invite in some relevant guest speakers to do a talk.
- Create a Library Lovers' Day display of romance books. Decorate the display with red flowers, or streamers. Don't forget to share your results on social media using #LibraryLoversDay so we can all see what you've accomplished.
- Host a movie night, make up some popcorn and showcase some of the great films you have in your collection.
- Not all love is romantic, consider creating a display of materials for platonic, familial or love of animals.
- Put up a sign at the circulation desk and let your users know that you’re a ‘matchmaker’ and can help them find the book of their dreams.
- Dress up for the day, and encourage your co-workers to join in. Go one step further and run a costume competition.
- Bookmarks five to a page
- Calendar (for library staff)
- Calendar (public facing)
- Promo slide
- Social media tile
- Webpage banner
- PowerPoint template (dating profile for your library)
Check out the previous Library Lovers' Day campaigns