The School Library Coalition, including ALIA Schools, has developed the Students Need School Libraries campaign to advocate for the resourcing of school libraries around Australia. The campaign’s website has just been launched and the campaign will kick off at 7:00pm on 16 October 2018.
The Students Need School Libraries campaign seeks to highlight the importance of having school libraries be run by qualified staff; ensure that all children have access to quality school libraries; and to empower children with the skills and knowledge to be digital and information literate.
You are invited to join the Students Need School Libraries campaign and help to spread the word about the importance of school libraries. You can subscribe to the Students Need School Libraries enewsletter now and use #StudentsNeedSchoolLibraries on social media.
Other Members of the School Library Coalition include:
- Australian School Library Association (ASLA)
- School Library Association of South Australia (SLASA)
- School Library Association of Victoria (SLAV)
- Queensland School Library Association (QSLA)
- Western Australian School Library Association (WASLA)