ISSN 0004-9670 (print), 2201-4276 (online)
The Australian Library Journal (ALJ) is an internationally recognised journal that showcases the best of Australian library and information research and practice. It has been reaching discerning and influential Australian libraries since 1951. Published quarterly, it contains a wide coverage of Australian library issues ranging from ongoing research to day-to-day articles from practitioners in the workplace.
It is the acknowledged flagship publication of the Australian Library and Information Association, supporting the Association's Objects by documenting progress in research and professional practice and stimulating discussion on issues relevant to libraries and librarianship. The Journal is an appropriate vehicle for publishers, suppliers and services wishing to reach the decision-makers. The journal is available through subscription.
Please contact the Editor if you wish to submit an article, or have an interest in writing for publication.
How to get a copy of The Australian Library Journal
- Visit a library which subscribes to ALJ to read the journal.
- Subscription to ALJ is offered through Routledge/Taylor and Francis -
- ALIA Institutional Members receive ALJ as a Member benefit - read more information. This will keep you and your staff up to date with Australian library issues ranging from ongoing research to day-to-day news from the workplace.
Green open access
- ALIA journals are green open access through Routledge/Taylor and Francis.
- Articles are freely available from 1957 - 2012
- For current content, authors may post their Author Accepted Manuscript on their institutional repository with zero embargo
Members of the ALJ Editorial Board:
- Philip Kent (Chair)
- Dr Gaby Haddow, Curtin University of Technology
- Patrick O'Connor, Queensland Health
- Dr Sue Reynolds, RMIT University
- Dr Leith Robinson, Curtin University of Technology
- Dr Anne Goulding, Victoria University of Wellington
- Jenny Fink, City of Ballarat
Dr Ross Harvey | ALJ editor | email@example.com
Alison Fields | Reviews editor | Alison.Fields@openpolytechnic.ac.nz
To supplement the regular reviews published in each issue of the Australian Library Journal, we now offer a series of themed online reviews on a range of topics. You can read this year's reviews here. You can find an archive of ALJ reviews here.